Today business data is prone to various types of cyber-attacks. These cyber-attacks are launched with the aim of stealing valuable and confidential business data and thereby use it for one benefit. This makes the business suffer huge consequences in the form of loss of customer trust, loss of financial data, its reputation, and many more. Thereby there is a need for proper data security measures so that no attack can get access to valuable and confidential business data.
In the recent past, the threats to business security have increased many times as the attacker has become more advanced and innovative and thereby launches attacks that become difficult for a business to detect. These attacks have caused serious damage to business as business operations to come to standstill in event of such attacks. To enhance the data security of business, the first and foremost thing is to know about the various threats that business is prone to. It will provide the business with a better understanding who to prevent such attacks from happening and thereby enhance and improve the business data security. Some of the common threats that business data security faces are mentioned below:
- Malware: Malware used by hackers in getting access to valuable information about the business or its customers. This attack enters one’s computer system through malicious mail attachments or some pop alerts etc. With one click on these malicious links, malware can start spreading to your computer system and various networks. Once malware enters your system it starts to causes disturbances such as taking control over the data, stealing and transferring valuable data, and many more.
- Phishing: Under such an attack the hackers send that the user that seems from a legitimate source such as the bank, boss, or any other trusted source. The emails persuade the user to open the email and click on the link. Once clicked the malware will be installed in your system and thus the user will have to bear consequences. Phishing attacks disguised themselves as a trusted source and are thereby difficult to stop. To avoid such an attack, it is important to verify the sender of the email.
- Man-in-the-middle-attack (MIMT): This attack happens when the hacker inserts themselves between the communication of the sender and the receiver. This is done mainly to spy on the users, steal valuable and private information and thus use it for their advantage. These attacks have become very common and are difficult to detect. The most common types of MiMT attacks include IP spoofing, WIFI Spoofing, etc.
- Denial-of-Service (DoS): Denial-of-service is the type of cyber-attack where the hackers flood the server and network of the business with traffic. When the server is flooded with unmanageable traffic it takes a toll on the resources and thus disrupts the working of the system.
- SQL Injections: SQL injections is one of the biggest data security threats as it can cause the deletion of table or modification of data, viewing and accessing of unauthorized information, etc.
Hence these are major threats that business data security faces. The business can prevent such attacks by seeking the help of Appsealing which ensures maximum protection to business valuable and confidential data.